Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Characterization of God Reflection


             From reading Genesis 6-9 last night, I learned a few things about God. God is just like us but, He also is extremely different from us. I am part of a Christian family, meaning that this is the material that I have been taught to believe. From this activity, I think I finally know more about what type of "person" God is. I have always thought of God as a superior being to everyone, He can create and, in this case, destroy anything He wishes at will. In the Bible, when God warns Noah about the the flood that would destroy everything, God told Noah that He thought that he was "righteous before me in this generation." This shows that God shows compassion to those who live by His word, agreeing with what I have been taught. While doing this assignment, I noticed that God is just like us. In the Bible, God admits that he regrets destroying everything. This just comes to show that even God, a superior being to all of us, can regret doing things as well. God regretted making man so much that he decided to kill off all living things so he could restart. To be honest, I'm not shocked by what I "found out" about God because I have grown up being taught all of this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment